Are you a hotel front office professional looking to uplevel your sales and customer service technique?
It has been a turbulent year in an already competitive industry. There are increasing expectations from owners and managers to increase occupancy and profitability, in an environment where travel has been impacted and will potentially be a volatile environment for some time to come.
As your hotel’s first point of contact, the opportunity lies in your ability to convert and upsell enquiries to customers, and to turn your customers into loyal, repeat guests.
Are you the Manager of a Front Office or Reservations Team looking to upskill your staff?
We offer three ways to upskill your teams and suit your hotel’s budget
Face to Face Course
(for 2 days of content spread over 1 month. Min 6 people)
The face to face course program is a more detailed program and can be adapted to suit your hotel or property’s operational structure and team skill set. It is delivered in either 2 full days concurrently, or 1 day per fortnight or 4 half days so teams have the chance to implement lessons learned and table the challenges in the next session which we overcome and set goals to work on.
In addition to the face-to-face program, we have a consultation with the team manager prior to the day and run through some skill set profiling so the course outline can be adapted to suit all levels. Post-training we provide tools and tips to help you set up some sales structure, reporting and build a sales culture for the long-term success of the hotel.
Live Virtual Training
(for 2 days full days of content. Min 6 people)
Our virtual training course provides all the content from the face-to-face program yet allows national front office or reservations teams to dial in and experience the program live as though we are all sitting in the same room. This also allows team members to interact with each other and the moderator can ask questions and encourage instant feedback throughout the program. This can also be split across multiple days and weeks to allow implementation of each module.
Self-Paced Online Training
Our self-paced online front office sales training course gives you the skills and insight to improve your performance and increase your (and your hotel’s) chance of success. Participating in an online program also gives you six months’ access to continually review content, implement during your day-to-day role and improve your skills on an ongoing basis.
An offshoot from our in-person workshop, this course offers the same detailed information in a flexible and easy-to-access format that might suit a small front office team or even an individual in a small property looking to upskill.
The Outcomes The Attendee Will Receive
- Increased confidence in your sales ability to qualify a potential customer over the phone
- An ability to up-sell and cross-sell to increase customer nightly spend
- How to set goals in the right areas that will help you achieve career growth
- Confidence in telling the customer why they need to stay at your hotel
- The ability to adapt your personality style to make a lasting first impression
- The tools to handle any situation that might arise
- Flexibility in accessing the material to fit with your workload – you can complete the course all at once or spread out over a longer period.
What We Cover
- Why it’s important for a Front Office Person to be skilled at sales
- How to identify and handle the different types of rate shoppers during the initial phone enquiry
- Understanding your personality and how it impacts your peformance
- How to build rapport quickly over the phone using a variety of tried and tested techniques
- Common obstacles to performance in Front Office Sales
- Differences between up-selling and cross-selling and how to sell your hotel’s benefits
- How to set achievable goals to excel in your career and personal life
- What is good customer service and how you can stand apart
- How long it takes to make a great first impression over the phone and how to ensure the customer is impressed straight away
- How to identify a potential customer needs so you can determine how to upsell them
- How to be creative when summarising the sell while checking availability
- Techniques in handling objections from tough customers and how to make a sale over the phone.
The Online Front Office Sales Training Course is delivered by Sandra Swatton, Managing Director of Hospitality Associates and Nuvho Hotel Services.
Sandra started Hospitality Associates in 2014 to provide sales solutions for hotels, serviced apartments, motels and conference venues.
Sandra has over 21 years experience working with all departments that have a sales influence – from corporate and TMC sales, MICE sales, leisure sales and front office and reservation sales.
Sandra loves sharing stories of her own lessons and how she has personally had to adapt her own style to relate to different market segments and customers. She believes we can all find success with the right tools and professional mentoring.
Sandra has not only hired, trained and mentored hotel sales professionals, but has worked in the industry across all property types – so she understands the challenges each face and the opportunities to succeed.